Koos focuses on building positive working relationships at all levels based on trust, accessibility, responsiveness and professionalism.
Since launching his professional career in 1983, Koos has successfully completed residential, commercial, institutional, and healthcare projects for private clients, corporations, and state agencies in the United States, Africa and the Middle-East.
As a former managing principal of Burt Hill’s Boston office, Koos has extensive executive level managerial experience and often increases efficiency with his keen ability to formulate and implement unique tactical teaming plans. An astute business manager with a strong work ethic and a passion to exceed expectations, he is an innovative, creative, and determined problem solver, a skilled needs analyst with exceptional interpersonal skills, and an engaging rapport-builder.
He excels in developing collaboration strategies that are innovative and uniquely responsive to the specific requirements of each individual project or project pursuit. Koos offers nearly 30 years of international experience in design, documentation, and contract administration of projects in the educational, institutional, commercial, healthcare, and residential markets. The demands of these complex projects play well to his strengths, specifically his overall technical knowledge, team leadership skills, and ability to capitalize on design opportunities.
- Bachelor of Science & Architecture
- University of Cape Town, 1982
- Bachelor of Architecture
- University of Cape Town, 1986
- Former Member, South African Council for the Architectural Profession (1986-2000)
- Former Member, The South African Institute of Architects (1986-2000)
- Former Member, Royal Institute of British Architects
- Member, National Council of Architectural Registration Boards